html xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' xmlns:expr='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/expr'> Lounging at the Waldorf: The Wardrobe Department: Hats

PAGES

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Wardrobe Department: Hats

I have a love/hate relationship with hats.  I love to wear them and hate that I don't find enough worthy of my love.  So when I stepped into Charm NYC a few months ago and had instant chemistry with this Nicolini fedora, I knew we were embarking on a real deep relationship that was gonna last.

Here's me in my new hat next to a piece o' fine art at Lau and G's gallery in Greenpoint.  I'm biting my thumb in the picture but I have no idea why.




Anyway, I haven't been able to wear my new hat that much because New York so has been so rainy and windy and otherwise inhospitable to my delicate sense of fashion.  Curses, Mother Nature or Ozone Layer Larry or whoever you curse these days.  Curses!

Charm NYC is on the Lower East Side and, as will happen on the Lower East Side (less and less, I'm afraid), it comes with a good background story.

Nick Taylor and his wife Ume own Charm NYC and make Nicolini hats.  In addition to milliner, Nick is a father, photographer, and musician.  So far, so normal.  Then he says he was in a band with, get this, Jean Michel-Basquat.

Whaaat?

The band is called Gray and you can get their album Shades Of... on iTunes and read all about them here.  It's fabulous, just like my hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment