html xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' xmlns:expr='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/expr'> Lounging at the Waldorf: Recipe: Watermelon Cucumber Salad

PAGES

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Recipe: Watermelon Cucumber Salad

When I was a kid, a salad was a bowl of ice burg lettuce, grated carrots, and raw mushrooms skinny dipping in a lake of Good Seasons Zesty Italian.  Not only did the white vinegar-cum-flavor packet dressing burn the corners of my mouth, I was also repeatedly told that I was choking back this taste bomb because my family loved me.

Well, as it turns out, my family did love me.  So that's good.  And just as important, salad is no longer painful.  

Watermelon Cucumber Salad

8 cups diced watermelon
3/4 cup diced red onion
3 tablespoons chopped mint
2 cups diced cucumber
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lime juice

I scraped the seeds out of the cucumber and left on the skin, but I think you can peel it and leave in the seeds, if that floats your boat.  Dealer's choice.  Now let's eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment