html xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' xmlns:expr='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/expr'> Lounging at the Waldorf: Muppets, baby.

PAGES

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Muppets, baby.

Illustrator Michael DePippo has reimagined the world's most famous band (of Muppets): Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem!  

Based in Toronto, the graphic designer has done us all a favor by making gig posters of each band member.  I love how the posters have "creases" in them as if you got it folded inside a magazine.  Or better yet, by joining the fan club and having it sent in the mail.  Oh, life before the internet.  We hardly recognize you...


Like every other American child, I loved The Muppets.  Actually, I still do.  I will sing "The Rainbow Connection" anytime you like.  Sober, even.

The genius of Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem, is that each member reminds you of someone famous or someone you know.  For example...



Animal and Mick Fleetwood of Fleetwood Mac
 






Dr. Teeth and New Orleans Zydeco impresario Dr. John 







Floyd and Steely Dan/Doobie Brothers Guitarist Jeff "Skunk" Baxter





Janice and Model, Singer, Gal About Downtown, Miss Amanda Lepore





Zoot and Slash of Guns n Roses




What I'm getting at is this: if these people can look like Muppets, why can't I?  Oh, wait.  I already do.

Wocka!  Wocka!  Wocka!






1 comment: