html xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' xmlns:expr='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/expr'> Lounging at the Waldorf: Friday Night Videos

PAGES

Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday Night Videos

In my next life, I should like to be a drag queen.   At the moment, I am not fully committed to a life of glamour.  Actually, I'm not fully committed to anything except for my husband.  So for my next spin around this cuckoo blue marble, I shall come out of the womb in platform shoes and a false eyelashes and leave that way, too.  My new mommy is going to love it!

In preparation, I have selected a few drag queen names:

Beverly Boulevard
Dot Matrix
Deborah Scarry
Flora the Whora
 
I have to see my surroundings and what I need to work on in that life before I choose my persona.  Like everything in life, this, too, is a work in progress.

What I love about drag culture is that everyone is inspired by something different.  Perhaps Billie Holiday is your muse.  Or maybe it's your next door neighbor's mom.  You know, the skittish one with a bi-level spiral perm, frosty orange lips, and a thematic sweater for every occasion.  For Drew Droege, it's Chloë Sevigny.  He channels her side-eye then murmurs miraculous things like "barbequoi" and "sherbet."


 Drew is divine.


Sip...and have a fabulous weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I have no idea about Impala, Performance, Funky Reggae, or The Surprising Taste of No Wax Formica because I'm 27.

    ReplyDelete