html xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' xmlns:expr='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/expr'> Lounging at the Waldorf: Friday Night Videos

PAGES

Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday Night Videos

As I am exhausted, still drunk, and trying to piece together bits of torn flesh, I would say it was a pretty successful evening.  The band was good, too.

Allow me to explain.

Last night, my hot stuff husband and I saw the Black Keys/Arctic Monkeys show at Madison Square Garden.  It was a screaming guitar affair.  Lady Gina and Sir Karl of Montreal treated us.  Why?  Because Karl makes these gorgeous, abstract films that are part of the Black Keys experience.  His images of dots, deserts, and lonely cities are projected on a giant screen while the band plays.  And it's not just for the Black Keys, either.  Karl has visually collaborated with many bands including Sigur Ros and Godspeed You! Black Emperor.





Photo by Butch Allen


Last night's adventure featured backstage passes and a lot of booze.  So much so that I became convinced that I could pull off some sort of acrobatic dance move.  Instead being capable, I gracelessly tripped over my own shoelaces and left a skidmark of knee and elbow skin on the hallway carpet of the New Yorker Hotel.  Twenty-second floor.  Check it out.  More importantly, check out this film by Karl Lemieux called Train.

And have yourself a rock and roll weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment