html xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' xmlns:expr='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/expr'> Lounging at the Waldorf: Super Green Quinoa Salad

PAGES

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Super Green Quinoa Salad


Yesterday, my friend Michael asked me how I planned to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.  My first instinct was to answer, "Moi?" because I happen to be the type of snob that was raised in the ghetto and pretends to speak French.  But instead I sort of laughed it off and told the truth: I've never celebrated St. Patrick's Day in my life and I have no intention of starting now.

However, if I were to celebrate, it would probably look something like this:


That said, weird torture takes an awful lot of energy that I don't have today so instead I'm going to make due with this Super Green Quinoa Salad.  It tastes better than green Budweiser and is sure to repel any and all frat boys.

Happy St. Pat's!



Super Green Quinoa Salad
adapted from Olive Magazine

½ cup quinoa
1 avocado, chopped
½ English cucumber, chopped
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon cumin
Juice of one lemon
1 cup frozen, shelled edamame
1 cup frozen peas
2 tbs fresh, chopped mint
4 tablespoons olive oil


Chapter One
  • Cook the quinoa as per instructions on package.  When cooking is complete, rinse quinoa under cold water to cool.  Drain completely and let cool in refrigerator.

Chapter Two
  • Place onion, cucumber, and avocado in a bowl with the lemon juice and cumin. Season with salt.
  • Blanch edamame and peas for 2 minutes.  Drain and rinse. Add to avocado mixture.
  • Fold in the quinoa and oil. Gently toss.  Add salt and pepper to taste.





No comments:

Post a Comment