html xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' xmlns:expr='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/expr'> Lounging at the Waldorf: Friday Night Videos

PAGES

Friday, April 20, 2012

Friday Night Videos

You make bad decisions when drunk.  But here's the secret: you make bad decisions anyway.  Take it from me.  A few weeks ago, stone cold sober in the middle of the day, I was trying to exit the turnpike and cut off a New Jersey cop.  He made his car do a WOOP WOOP noise at me and when I looked, he threw his hands up in the air as if to say, "You idiot!"

And he was right - it was a really bad decision to gun right then and there.  Luckily, I didn't get a ticket because I was going so fast.

So yes, I firmly believe that making bad decisions is an integral part of being human like anti-anxiety meds or teenage sex in someone else's parents' bed.  This is where we are, folks.  This is how we have evolved as a species.  So embrace it.  Don't try to control it.  A park is nice but wild nature is what will blow your mind.  You will make such horrifying judgement calls that you will ask yourself:

"Did I really waste five years in a meaningless job?"

"Did I really not realize my ex was gay?"  (Or straight, whichever the case may be.)

"Did I really spend all weekend surfing the web while eating cookies and frozen yogurt?"

"Did I really just leave a passive aggressive note about peeing on the toilet seat in the ladies' room at a job I don't even like?"

Yeah, you did.  But making a bad decision is better than making no decision.  I think.

Have a decisive weekend!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment