html xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' xmlns:expr='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/expr'> Lounging at the Waldorf: Pomegranate Teaquila

PAGES

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Pomegranate Teaquila

In my wilder youth, I slugged tequila from the bottle and chased it with orange juice. I wasn't the only one. In Venice, California, Cuervo and OJ was the classy thing to sneak for those in high school. Well, those who should have been in high school but were probably spending their days doing skateboard tricks on the boardwalk. I had a crush on a boy who led this lifestyle and he was the one to introduced me to this questionable elixir which, by the way, I don't believe I ever actually digested. No, I wasn't always the best daughter. 

Well, I've come a long way. I have a charming husband, a respectable career, a couple of college degrees, and the indispensable knowledge that José Cuervo Gold is the crappiest tequila on the planet. So in an attempt to right a liquid wrong, I hereby offer an elevation of the old Venice standby. But if you decide to make this, use Hornitos or Patron. We're adults, please.

Pomegranate Teaquila
Two tea bags of pomegranate tea
½ cup boiling water
1 tablespoon agave
3 ounces fresh squeezed orange juice
2 ounces tequila
top with sparkling water

Chapter 1
Steep tea in water for five minutes.
Discard tea bags, stir in agave, and cool.

Chapter 2
Combine orange juice, tequila, and 2 ounces of the tea mixture with ice.
Top with sparkling water and garnish with sliced orange.recipe, tequila, pomegranate, orange juice, cocktail


No comments:

Post a Comment