html xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' xmlns:expr='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/expr'> Lounging at the Waldorf: Dream Job

PAGES

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Dream Job


When I first moved to New York, I met a woman who was doing costumes on a TV show. I asked her how she liked it and she closed her eyes and cooed, "It's a dream job."

Let's take a closer look at that. The words are "dream" and "job." Together.  It's a phrase that intrigues me as much then as it does now. What exactly happens at a "dream job?" Do you get a pony instead of a company car? Do they pay you in gold coins and couture? Does having one somehow cause you to lose ten pounds? And where do they keep the unlimited supply of white wine and sorbet?

In the quote above, Thoreau tells is that if we walk confidently toward our dreams, we will have a beautiful life in "the common hours." So when you have a dream job, your common hours, your everyday life, becomes superb. I like the sound of that. Actually, anything less is not an option.

From here on out, I shall advance confidently in the direction of my dreams. Who's coming with?

No comments:

Post a Comment