html xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' xmlns:expr='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/expr'> Lounging at the Waldorf: Friday Night Videos

PAGES

Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday Night Videos

What would I say to 12-year-old me? To the girl who is about to become the woman that I am?

As I've never been one for fantasy time travel except to buy real estate, I've never given this concept much thought. But now that I've seen this video by Jeremiah McDonald, I am thinking about it and I suppose it would probably be something like this:

Buy real estate.
Do yoga.
Go to school.
Don't sleep with him - he'll never call you and you'll cry.
Don't sleep with him either - he's got issues. All of them.
Doing drugs only makes for a good story later and not much else.
People love you.
You're a smart girl.
You're worthy.
It's okay to be vulnerable.
It's okay not to know.
You might think apologies are for the weak but, actually, apologies come from strength.
There's no need to be afraid.
Do what you love and learn how to get paid well for it.
One day your prince will come and guess what? He doesn't like strawberries.
Eat your vegetables.
Get plenty of sleep.
And I'm serious, buy real estate in Brooklyn in the 90's.


Have a forgiving weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment