html xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' xmlns:expr='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/expr'> Lounging at the Waldorf: Further Proof That Pinterest Is a Great Use of One's Time: Girls with Birds

PAGES

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Further Proof That Pinterest Is a Great Use of One's Time: Girls with Birds

A Minor Bird

I have wished a bird would fly away,
And not sing by my house all day;

Have clapped my hands at him from the door
When it seemed as if I could bear no more.

The fault must partly have been in me.
The bird was not to blame for his key.

And of course there must be something wrong
In wanting to silence any song.

Robert Frost




Image Credits
1. René & Radka
2. John Currin
3. John Baldessari
4. Seiichi Hayashi
5. Sara Söderholm
6. Elisabeth Körner

2 comments:

  1. hey stopping by to see what you've been up to and it's all quite curious and fun! I love Robert Frost. This poem made me think of a quotation from Maya Angelou that I love, keeps me going with my blog and that I think pertains to yours : )

    'A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.'
    chefinista.com
    Write on girlfriend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! Don't be surprised if that quote ends up on these pages one day!

      Delete