html xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' xmlns:expr='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/expr'> Lounging at the Waldorf: Peach Salsa

PAGES

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Peach Salsa

I recently saw my one and only episode of Friends. I was on the treadmill at the gym and it came on. It took me about ten minutes to realize my first episode of Friends happened to be the last episode of Friends. They were moving out the apartment. I switched channels. Unlike other popular phenomena of the '90's that I embraced wholeheartedly such as chokers, floppy hats, A Tribe Called Quest, and condiments containing fruit, me and Friends were just never meant to be. This is a good thing as I would look ridiculous with the haircut known as The Rachel.

And though I would expect anyone to shoot me upon sight if they caught me rocking a floppy hat and choker, Peach Salsa remains a very nice thing indeed. Actually, it's all that (bad dum dum)!

Peach Salsa
4 ripe (yet firm) yellow peaches
2 jalapeños 
3 tablespoons chopped onions
Juice of one lemon
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
2 tablespoons grated ginger
Salt and black pepper to taste

Remove skin from peaches then chop them and place in a large bowl.
Remove seeds and stem from jalapeños. Chop and add to peaches.
Add remaining ingredients, mix, and let sit in the refrigerator for one hour.
While waiting, feel free to watch Friends, Seinfeld, Martin, or the first hour of Swingers.




No comments:

Post a Comment