html xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' xmlns:expr='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/expr'> Lounging at the Waldorf: Vanilla Frozen Yogurt

PAGES

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Vanilla Frozen Yogurt

For the last few weeks, I've been trying to make cocktails with cantaloupe. As this post is about frozen yogurt, it shouldn't be a much of a surprise that all my cantaloupe cocktails came out some kind of bad nasty. But, as the philosophers say, when the refrigerator door closes, the freezer door opens. Which philosopher said that, you ask? Why, the one that chatters nonstop in my head!

Seriously, I'm glad the cantaloupe cooler thing didn't work out because instead I made the easiest, loveliest, snowiest thing in the world. I mean really, who knew failure could taste so refreshing? So sweet? So good?

The last few weeks of summer just got a little better.

Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
Makes about 1 quart

3 cups plain Greek yogurt
¾ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Mix together the yogurt, sugar, and vanilla. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Store frozen yogurt in freezer but let sit 15 minutes prior to serving.

Vanilla Frozen Yogurt

No comments:

Post a Comment