html xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' xmlns:expr='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/expr'> Lounging at the Waldorf: Gravity

PAGES

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Gravity

First, I'm always walking on a busy boulevard in San Francisco. Market Street or maybe Van Ness. Then, I feel lightness below the knee and my foot no longer needs to return to ground right away. The bounce, the space between each step, widens, negotiates a slightly different contract with gravity until gravity means nothing. Nothing to me, anyway. I look around at the hoards of people and wonder, "Why isn't everyone doing this?"

I am having a flying dream. 

Natsumi Hayashi - Yowayowa Camera Woman Diary

Body upright, chest puffed out - I always take more of a jet pack stance. I'm no parallel-to-the-earth bird imitator! I'm no Superman! But I do I have the power and it's awesome.

Natsumi Hayashi - Yowayowa Camera Woman Diary

I'm not one to remember my dreams but when I do and I'm flying in it, I feel like I won the lottery, got an extra slice of cake. 

Natsumi Hayashi - Yowayowa Camera Woman Diary

I keep my arms by my side and use the left hand to steer, like rudder. It's a good technique, nice and compact for city living. 

Natsumi Hayashi - Yowayowa Camera Woman Diary

Here's what's funny about my flying dreams: they're rather mundane. I'm doing my same old errands - picking up dry cleaning, dropping off shoes at the shoe repair. Nothing is grand. Nothing.

Natsumi Hayashi - Yowayowa Camera Woman Diary


Except, perhaps, how I feel inside. Expanded and calm. Leading with my heart. Not a care in the world. 

Natsumi Hayashi - Yowayowa Camera Woman Diary

 Best of all, no one notices that I'm flying. So the feeling, it remains my little secret.

Natsumi Hayashi - Yowayowa Camera Woman Diary

No comments:

Post a Comment