html xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' xmlns:expr='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/expr'> Lounging at the Waldorf: Friday Night Videos

PAGES

Friday, July 5, 2013

Friday Night Videos

I told my friend Sarah, "Depression sucks" and she replied, "I know. I'm getting used to it, though."

And here I thought I was so alone!

Daniele Buetti
Daniele Buetti


But I'm not alone. I never was. Just about everyone is living with a little something. Maybe it's alcoholism or chronic crabbiness. Maybe it's bad breath or loneliness. Maybe you have a somewhat toxic disposition and smart people don't want to hang out with you because you scream at others, steal things, lie about the things you steal, and always act like a victim. Or perhaps you have a crappy dog.

The key, I'm learning, is accepting what's been handed to you and working on it. Even more incredibly, I'm starting to understand is that what makes you a good person, a decent person, the kind of person other people want to be around boils down to three words: handle your shit.

God expects you to handle your shit. She wouldn't have given you the challenge if she didn't think you were up for it! So get some help! Take some meds! Use some mouthwash! Train that dog!

And have an accepting weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment