html xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' xmlns:expr='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/expr'> Lounging at the Waldorf: Where I Went and What I Did There

PAGES

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Where I Went and What I Did There


In Aspen I tried skiing and landed on my neck. Then I tried snowboarding and ran over some children. 




In Frankfurt I ate very good Indian, Italian, Japanese, and French food. 
I don't think they even have German food there. 




In Florence I got blessed by an archbishop on Easter Sunday. 




In Menton I was speaking pretty good French for the like two days then forgot it all again.  




In Florida I volunteer at the Princess and Pirates Dance Party at Give Kids the World, 
a resort for children with life threatening illnesses and their families.




In Vietnam I saw this really pretty monk. "Will you quit flirting with the holy man?" I heard my then-boyfriend say as I casually thumbed through the phrasebook trying to find the word for "handsome." I pointed to the word,  đẹp, and to the hot monk's face. I did it a few more times just to be clear: đẹp, faceđẹp, hot monk faceHe laughed and shooed me away. Hot monks probably get that all the time. 



1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea for a post. I think I might copy the idea....

    ReplyDelete