html xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' xmlns:expr='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/expr'> Lounging at the Waldorf: New Age Thinking

PAGES

Monday, August 29, 2016

New Age Thinking

Today I was walking down an unbearably hot Brooklyn street when this true story popped up on the movie screen of my brain.

The year: 2005. I was riding the J train when an old Hasidic man scooted very close to me and asked, "So, do you live alone?"

Not sure how how you say it in Yiddish but in English, the reaction is, "Ew."

So back to today. Not even a minute after recalling this precious moment, I hear a voice.

"Excuse me," I turned to find a middle aged Hasidic man strolling up behind me. "Is there somewhere around here I go inside and cool off."

"There are a few cafés on Grand Avenue," I replied.

"What about you?" he said. "Aren't you hot? Why don't you cool off with me? I'll need someone to talk to."

Do you believe in The Law of Attraction as explained in the best-selling book "The Secret?" It states, "Thoughts become things."

That's exactly what happened today. I THOUGHT about a "religious" old fart who assumed I was a whore and that thought BECAME some other "religious" old fart who assumed I was a whore!

THOUGHTS BECOME OLD FARTS WHO THINK WOMEN WHO SHOW THEIR SHOULDERS ARE WHORES!

I shall never second guess new age philosophy again! Also, "Ew."


Image credit: Boaz Gabriel Canhoto


No comments:

Post a Comment